SHILOH SHARPS RIFLES FOR SALE
William T. Goodman, 280 W. Kagy Blvd. Suite D #152, Bozeman, Montana 59715 1
TEL. (406) 587-3131 FAX (406) 219-3415 www.shiloh-ballard.com EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following list of Shiloh Sharps includes only rifles that are in stock for immediate delivery or have actually gone “active.” This means they are either in production or are scheduled to be in production in the immediate future. The due dates are based on a production time of approximately 3-5 months from the time the paid orders go “active” (activation means the rifles are on the floor being built at the Shiloh factory). This is approximate, but usually is within a few weeks (before or after) the estimated due date. With the exception of additional sights, specs on these rifles cannot be changed. The prices shown are DELIVERED PRICES. They are based on the current 2022 catalogue price plus Federal Excise Tax (charged by Shiloh on all orders), shipping crates/packing ($80 charged by Shiloh) and $95-$140 for Oversize UPS (standard ground, fully insured and signature required delivery). Note: If Shiloh raises prices, my price has to go up the same amount. There are NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES. Remember, Shiloh is currently in a long backorder situation on these orders. I can also place a custom order for you– any model, caliber, options, etc., and have it in usually about SIX months or so. Generally, a $1,000 deposit is required on all custom orders or to reserve one of my rifles already on order. If you want Montana Vintage Arms sights on your order, they need to be paid out at the time of ordering as I buy them from MVA and personally take them to Shiloh for mounting. The balance is due when the rifle is completed and ready for shipment.
NOTE: MOST RIFLES CAN BE ORDERED AND CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR EXACT SPECIFICATIONS WITH AN APPROX. DELIVERY DATE OF WINTER 2024
A NOTE OF EXPLANATION CONCERNING MY $200 FEE:
I am often asked how I set my fees. Basically, here is the answer. If you were to place your own order with Shiloh, you’d put down a $250 deposit on each rifle. About 20 or more months later you would be notified that full payment is required to begin making your rifle (there would also be an excellent possibility of price increases during this time which you would pay). From there you’d wait another 6 months or more for your rifle to be completed. This is where I come to the rescue! I’ve already put down tens of thousands of dollars in deposits at Shiloh for a multitude of future rifles. I am constantly paying for rifles to be built- nicely appointed custom rifles of which most shooters would be delighted to take delivery. I have fronted this time and money for the customer. So, for my $200 fee, you’ll save nearly 2+ years of back order, not encounter any future price increases, not pay the full amount of your rifle until it is completed, and be shooting your rifle while other Shiloh customers are playing the waiting game!
NOTE: THE OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL MONDAY, 12/6. PLEASE DO NOT CALL DURING THIS TIME, BUT FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME. THANKS.
THE FOLLOWING NEW, IN THE BOX, SHILOH RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW: FOR PHOTOS YOU CAN GO TO THE GUNS INTERNATIONAL WEBSITE AND VIEW THESE RIFLES IN THE “SHARPS RIFLES-REPLICA” CATEGORY.
1) SEE SPORTING CARBINES BELOW.
THE FOLLOWING PRE-OWNED RIFLES ARE IN STOCK NOW. FOR PHOTOS GO TO MY OTHER WEBSITE AT www.goodmanguns.com
1) SH)ARPS 1878 BORCHARDT .45-70 MILITARY RIFLE, #7XXX. The barrel retains fine aged blue with excellent markings including the OLD RELIABLE stamping. Correct military style ladder rear sight with slide intact. The receiver has aged to a dark gray/brown with worn markings. The butt stock has had a triangular piece of walnut spliced into the right side wrist/upper tang juncture, smooth steel butt plate, forend is fine and shows normal wear and handling, but is solid. The cleaning rod is an incorrect replacement (looks like from a muzzle loader), Bore is bright with a few small spots of corrosion, action is tight with the safety working. Comes with a heavy military style sling. $2150. FOR PHOTOS GO TO MY OTHER WEBSITE AT www.goodmanguns.com
2) SHILOH SHARPS, BIG TIMBER, MONTANA MADE 1863 .50 CAL. PERC. CARBINE WITH SLING RING/BAR, #6XXX MADE 1980s. This is an interesting Shiloh as it has the small “wolf’s head” stamping on the right side of the barrel indicating that the Shiloh founder, Wolfgang Droege, worked on this one. It also has the early Shiloh and C. Sharps markings (before the two split) and Big Timber, Montana markings. Has the extra cost sling ring and bar with nice better than standard grade dark walnut stock and forend. Nice case colored butt plate, receiver, lever, hammer etc. Exc. barrel blue. Lawrence ladder rear sight with slide intact. Exc. bright bore. This one has seen little if any use and you have to look close to find even a handling mark. The .50 caliber is particularly desirable as any .50 caliber bullet intended for cartridge guns will work when loaded into the breech with loose powder and a musket cap. There are also paper cartridge bullets available. The current catalog price on one like this is over $2600 with a very long wait and probable price increases. $2295.
3) PAUL SHUTTLEWORTH/CPA CORP. CUSTOM FANCY SCHUETZEN RIFLE, .32-40 CALIBER WITH LYMAN SUPER TARGET SPOT SCOPE. This is a gorgeous rifle built with highly finished extra fancy/presentation grade dark burl walnut with cheek piece. The schnable pistol grip and forearm are finely checkered and the butt stock is fitted with a single prong Swiss butt plate. The forearm is fitted with CPA’s case colored palm rest attachment (no palm rest with this one, but CPA can easily supply one). The half octagon barrel is fairly heavy and measures 30.” It has a globe front sight that will accept inserts and has scope blocks mounted for the above mentioned Lyman scope. The scope retains the rubber rear eye protector, steel lens caps and has a spirit level. Adjustable double set triggers, fancy schuetzen trigger guare and traditional Stevens case colored action. Overall weight with scope is just under 14 lbs. An absolutely superb rifle in like new condition. $3950.
4) VERY FINE CONDITION SHARPS 1863 CARBINE IINDIAN WARS CONVERSION TO .50-70 CARTRIDGE. A particularly nice example that retains the original unlined 6-groove barrel. Most of these were sleeved with a 3-groove liner. Fine deep barrel blue with sharp Sharps markings and New Model 1863 stamping. The Lawrence rear sight is original. The receiver is mostly a mottled gray with some fine case colors mainly on the top of the receiver and loading channel. Generally excellent stock and forend with only light/normal handling marks, but no cracks etc. Sling ring and bar intact. Tight action and bright sharp excellent bore. Lots of history in these as they were originally issued as percussion carbines to the Union cavalry during the Civil War, then in 1867/68 converted to .50-70 for the Indian Wars and lastly most were sold as surplus where many went West and used by frontiersmen and buffalo hunters. Fine example better than usually encountered. $2850.
THE FOLLOWING RIFLES ARE ON ORDER AND ARE BEING BUILT NOW. PRICES SHOWN INCLUDE SHIPPING & INSURANCE. THIS IS YOUR TOTAL AMOUNT.
TWO TRULY UNIQUE AND EXCITING SHILOH SHARPS OFFERINGS!
THE FIRST OFFERING:
I have contracted with Shiloh to produce a special 20 gun lot of non-cataloged 1874 SPORTING CARBINES. Shiloh has never made these before and it is likely they will never make them again. This has been in the works for about two years now, and they are finally hitting the production floor! The original Sharps Company of the 1860s and 1870s did offer Sporting Carbines in both percussion and cartridge configurations. All were limited production models and are rarely seen by collectors today. These current Shiloh Sporting Carbines differ from the standard Military Carbines in that they will all have double set triggers, sporting forends WITHOUT barrel bands and all will have pewter tips. All will have 22″ round carbine barrels and be fitted with carbine stocks with steel military butt plates. They will make very handsome and handy hunting or casual target rifles. I am very excited to offer this small lot of Sporting Carbines that haven’t been built since the original Sharps Rifle Company went out of business in 1881! These are sure to attract attention and increase in value over the years. I have waited two years for these orders to be agreed upon and accepted by Shiloh and I may never be able to offer them again. The following Sporting Carbines are being built now and are factory drilled and tapped for any tang sight you might want to add.
1874 Sporting Carbine (two on order in .50-70; eight in .45-70), standard select dark walnut, military butt with steel military butt plate, 22” round carbine barrel, short carbine ladder rear sight, double set triggers, sporting forend with pewter tip. Total price including shipping case provided by Shiloh, Federal Excise Tax, my premium and UPS/Insured/Signature Required shipping is $3390 total. ONLY ONE (1) LEFT IN .45-70 AND IN STOCK NOW.
THE SECOND OFFERING:
Once again, I have contracted with Shiloh to make a very limited run of only TWELVE (12) non-catalogued special “DELUXE LIGHT HUNTING RIFLES.” These rifles will all be in .50-70 (1 3/4″ case) caliber with non-catalogued 24″ standard half-octagon barrels and double set triggers. They will have straight stocks of semi-fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plates, cheek pieces with accent lines, pewter tips, brass escutcheons and full buckhorn rear sights (tangs are drilled and tapped for any sights you might want to add). These unique Shilohs are a little longer than carbines, but shorter than typical sporters and should make for ideal hunting rifles that you can carry in the field without lugging around a lot of unnecessary weight. These rifles are on the production floor being built right now and should be arriving in November/December. Note: the .50-70 case is now a legal hunting cartridge in many Mid-Western states- check your regulations. The only changes that can be made are adding MVA sights, which I can provide for you. Total delivered price including Federal Excise tax, the shipping case/box Shiloh provides, oversize fully insured and signature required UPS shipping, my fee etc. $4185.
Approx. due date: FALL 2023.
1) Hartford Sporter, .45-70, 34″ heavy oct. barrel, semi-buckhorn rear sight, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), semi-fancy walnut, military butt with patchbox, brass escutcheons, polished barrel, polished/fireblued screws. This one is like the famed Quigley rifle, but upgraded with semi-fancy walnut and brass escutcheons, polished barrel and fireblued screws. Drilled and tapped for any sights you want, or just leave it with open barrel sights………..$4400.45 (#12778) This is a total price with all shipping/insurance etc. included.
2) Hartford Sporter, .50-90, 32″ heavy oct. barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, (pewter tip and Hartford collar standard on this model), semi-fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, polished barrel, polished/fireblued screws, brass escutcheons. Built to be an early 1870s “Big Fifty” deluxe buffalo rifle. $4278.65…………..$4278.65 (#12211) This is a total price with all shipping/insurance etc. included.
3) No.1 Sporter (pistol grip, cheek piece,shotgun butt standard features), .45-90, 32″ heavy half-octagon barrel, semi-buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, accent line on the cheek piece………….$4149.85 (#12776) This is a total price with all shipping/insurance etc. included.
4) Long Range Express (pistol grip, cheek piece,shotgun butt standard features) with no rear sight dovetail) .45-90, 34″ heavy octagon barrel, semi-buckhorn rear sight, semi-fancy walnut, steel shotgun butt plate, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons accent line on the cheek piece………….$4149.85 (#12779) This is a total price with all shipping/insurance etc. included.
Approx. due date: LATE FALL/WINTER 2023
1) No.1 Sporter (pistol grip, cheek piece,shotgun butt standard features), .45-70, 32″ heavy octagon barrel, full buckhorn rear sight, extra-fancy walnut, AA finish, steel shotgun butt plate, pewter forend tip, brass escutcheons, accent line on the cheek piece, bone & charcoal pack harden case colors, polished barrel, polished/fireblued screws. This will be a spectacular rifle!………….$5331.80 (#12777) This is a total price with all shipping/insurance etc. included. SOLD